Dr. Felton joined the Staff of Wiener and Daniels, DPM, PA in January of 2008. In addition to being a Podiatric Specialist with 10 years of private practice experience, Dr. Felton has vast experience in the field of Sports Medicine dating back to 1988.
Dr. Felton was an Athletic Trainer at Millersville University while completing his undergraduate degree. Upon matriculating at the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Felton became heavily involved with the College's Sports Medicine Outreach Program, providing medical volunteer services at many local sporting and running events.
While participating in his Residency program in Central Pennsylvania, Dr. Felton continued to be active with Sports Medicine, volunteering on the Medical Staff at a local High School near his residency program as well as becoming involved again with runners, this time with the Harrisburg (PA) Area Road Runners Club.
His experiences include evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of individuals ranging from the casual "weekend warrior" to professional athletes, include treating age ranges from pediatric to adult, as well as treatment of not only traumatic but also overuse injuries.
Dr. Felton has further subspecialty training in the field of biomechanics and gait analysis. Many patients who present to podiatric physicians have underlying contributing factors related to the posture and function of the feet, ankles, and lower extremity. Dr. Felton is highly trained and has years of experience in evaluation and management of biomechanical and functional abnormalities. Through methods such as computerized gait analysis, custom-molded functional prescriptive in-shoe orthotics, target physical therapy training, and specialized foot and ankle bracing. Dr. Felton has helped countless numbers of patients of all age ranges with gait-related abnormalities such as overpronation and oversupination syndrome, in-toe gait disorders such as metatarsus adductus, internal tibial torsion, femoral anteversion and femoral antetorsion, and the painful syndromes associated with such disorders.
In addition to conservative care for biomechanical abnormalities, Dr. Felton is also experienced in surgical management of structural and functional abnormalities of the foot. Many of the techniques Dr. Felton has been trained in are minimally-invasive, which allow for a short postoperative recovery period but have significant implications in improving the lower extremity functional capabilities in patients.
Below is a brief history of Dr. Felton's educational background, training, and clinical experience:
- Undergraduate Education: Millersville University(PA), B.S. Biology 1993
- Athletic Trainer, Millersville University 1988-1993
- Graduate Education: Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, D.P.M 1997
- Residency: Lebanon V.A. Medical Center, 1997-1999
- Assistant Team Physician, Manheim Central High School 1997-1999
- Podiatric Advisor, Harrisburg(PA) Road Runners Club 1997-1999
- Medical Co-Director, Harrisburg Marathon 1997-1999
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training Podiatric Advisor 2002-2005
- American Youth Football League(South Florida Division) Team Podiatrist 2001-2004
- American Youth Soccer Organization Chapter 644 Medical Director, 2000-2005
- Weston(FL) Warrior Lacrosse Team Physician, 2001-2006
- Medical Director, Orange Classic Soccer Tournament, 2000-2005
- Medical Director, Plantation (FL) Eagles Thanksgiving Soccer Tournament 2004-2005
- Member of NHL Florida Panthers' All-Star Team of Physicians, 2004-2006
In addition to Pennsylvania, Dr. Felton has also practiced in South Florida (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area) with a group Sports Medicine Practice comprised of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Podiatric Sports Medicine Physicians. He also served as Podiatric Sports Medicine Director of a Podiatric Practice in Houston, Texas. Dr. Felton is from Pennsylvania and desired a relocation closer to his home state, which is what has brought him to the Baltimore area.
On the personal side, Dr. Felton is still personally involved in athletics and outdoor activities. Dr. Felton enjoys cycling, fly-fishing, archery, lacrosse, and surfing. Dr. Felton has been coaching lacrosse since 2000 in the communities he has lived in. Dr. Felton also enjoys model rocketeering with his 3 daughters and wife.
Dr. Felton is excited to be a part of the Greater Baltimore Area Community.